Wednesday, June 9, 2010

stay foolish. stay hungry.


I kicked it with my friend Milin earlier which led me to taking a pic of his new set of tattoos for my daily photo. His tattoos were inspired by the speech that apple's CEO, Steve Jobs gave during Stanford's 2005
Commencement address. He speaks about how dropping out of college was the best decision he ever made and gives the graduates insight into his journey from that point to now.

Life and death.
Love and loss.
Living the dream.

Clearly, I wasn't moved by his words enough to engrave them on my body but he did hit on some points that I've been day dreaming of for a while. I'll share a quote below that I absolutely love and will finish off by telling the world that I truthfully and wholeheartedly love what I do for a living. Some people do it for the money, some do it for their family, some for a title or for pleasing society. I do it for myself and for the people that don't feel they have a voice. Working in civil rights is such a rewarding experience. I'm right where I want to be.

"You've got to find what you love, and that is as true for work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it, and like any great relationship it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking. Don't settle." - Steve Jobs


No comments:

Post a Comment